Are you DIY-ing your brand and website? If so, it might be time to hire a designer.
If you are a business owner on a budget, you may have considered DIY-ing your brand and website instead of hiring a designer. This can be a cost-effective option.
It can be very overwhelming if you don’t know where to begin. In every business, there comes a time when hiring out brand and web design makes more sense.
1. Your brand is not attracting your ideal client or customer.
2. You are embarrassed of your logo and/or website.
3. Your business and brand are not cohesive. Perhaps you are using various fonts, colors and logos. When you have brand guidelines to follow, you look consistent, trustworthy and credible. Laying down the foundation to how you need to show up online is key.
4. You DIY’d your logo and website when you first started your business and are ready to invest in a solid brand strategy.
5. You used a logo template when you started, perhaps from Canva. Logo templates are available to millions of people and that means your logo is not original to you and your business. In addition, Canva is not meant for vector graphics, so scaling and printing your logo will become difficult and can lead to quality concerns.
6. You don’t understand the term ‘branding’ beyond logo design. Branding is more than just your logo, font and color, it’s the connection you make with your audience.
7. It’s out of your wheelhouse. “Do what you do best and outsource the rest.”
8. Your brand no longer reflects who you are. You’ve grown, you’ve evolved and your branding needs to as well.Perhaps you have different products and are serving a different audience. Or, you simply need a new look because times have changed. This may be your sign to invest in a professional brand and web designer.
9. You are trying to get into brick and mortar stores and you just don’t stand out. You don’t compare to the competition. Your branding, package design, and website isn’t resonating with people. Your product isn’t attractive on the shelf and doesn’t stand out. Having a solid visual brand identity will help you stand out amongst your competition in the store.
10. You moved. Perhaps your brand is connected to your location and you moved. You don’t feel connected to your brand and you are serving a new audience.Your story has changed and your brand needs to evolve.
Andria V Design Co. provides branding, logo design, website design and development, and print design services for businesses of all sizes. I create and cultivate designs that reflect your personal business goals and values. Helping others achieve their dreams is key to how I define the success of Andria V Design Co. Let’s Chat!